Christmas Project Update
CALLING ALL CHRISTMAS ELVES!
The 2017 Calvary Christmas Project Needs Volunteer Help!--Distribution Day is Saturday, December 16th.
Sorters for Donated Items:
We are receiving donations of clothing, household items and toys daily. We need people to help fold, hang, sort, and box items on Wednesday from 5:30-7:30pm in the EB2 Basement.
Gift wrapping began November 30th in the EB2 Basement. We need groups representing the Deacons, Youth, College, Sunday School and Women’s Ministry to pick a time to help wrap the children’s “Wish List” gifts.
Refreshments for Christmas Project Distribution Day:
We need cookies, brownies, and candy to serve the families that come to pick up their gift boxes on Saturday, December 16th.
Christmas Project Distribution Week Crew:
Plan now to be at Calvary on December 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th to:
- Help move items from the EB2 Basement to the ROC
- Unload food and prepare grocery boxes
- Deliver gifts and food boxes to families unable to pick up their items
- Help with clean up
Email Dianna Sue Sergeant at firstname.lastname@example.org, Scott Simpson at email@example.com or Maria Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
There is an urgent need for Children's Clothing, Coats, & Shoes and Gently Used Toys
- Books & toys should be clean & undamaged. Small games and puzzles need to be sealded in Ziploc bags; complete, with not missing pieces.
- Winter Clothing, blue jeans, coats, gloves, socks, hats should be laundered, in good repair, with clothing placed on wire hangers.
- Disposable diapers/Pull-up training pants are also requested.
- Household items, linens, dishes, small appliances, furniture & electronics must be clean & in working order.
- No summer items, please.
- No large televisions will be accepted.
- PLEASE REMOVE ALL GARAGE SALE STICKERS.
Bring your donations directly to the EB2 basement foyer.