Here are Five Things You Need To Know About CBC THIS WEEK:
1. Please remember in prayer the members of our CBC Haiti Mission Team who will be leaving this Saturday October 31 to do mission work in Grand Goave, Haiti. This Mission Team, which will return home on Saturday, November 7, will be providing medical care and working with Extol Mixte (our CBC adopted Haitian school). The members of our Haiti Mission Team are: Roxie Allison, Donna Chafin, Neal Chafin, Ryan Chafin, Elizabeth Coleman (medical), Tatum Dale, Kristy Hayes (medical), Molly Gadd (medical), Benita King (medical), and Christine Romani (medical).
2. There will be a called church business immediately after the 11:00 am worship service on Sunday November 8 to receive and take action on a unanimous recommendation from our Minister of Youth Search Committee that Justin Sizemore be called as our church’s Minister of Youth. Justin is currently serving as the Associate to Minister of Families at the Smoke Rise Baptist Church in Stone Mountain, Georgia. He is a native of Somerset, Kentucky, a graduate of Georgetown College (religion major and double minor in psychology and philosophy), and is currently finishing his Master of Divinity degree at the McAfee School of Theology in Atlanta. Justin and his wife Abby (also a Georgetown College graduate) will be with our church family (to be introduced to our youth, youth parents, staff, and church family) on the weekend of November 6-8. You can find more detailed information about Justin on our church web site at www.calvarybaptistchurch.com.
3. This coming Sunday (November 1) is All Saints Day. During the morning worship services we will remember deceased CBC church members, especially those whose deaths occurred from January 1, 2014 to the present. We will give thanks to God for these departed brothers and sisters in Christwho blessed our church through their lives and whose legacy of faith continues to enrich and inspire our congregation. We will also focus on the biblical mandate that all of us who are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ are “called to be saints” (I Cor. 1:2).
4. Tickets for our annual Family Thanksgiving Feast will be available for purchase beginning this coming Sunday. This year’s FTF (which will feature a delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal, Thanksgiving hymns and songs, and the celebration of the Lord’s Supper around the tables) will be held on Sunday evening November 22 beginning at 6:00 pm in the Church Fellowship Hall.
5. This coming Sunday is TIME CHANGE SUNDAY. Remember to set your clocks back one hour before you go to bed on Saturday evening. Enjoy the extra hour of sleep and rest!
In addition to these 5 Things You Need to Know This Week, also know (above all) that God loves you and that our Lord calls each of us to share His Love.