Monday Missional Musings
April 24, 2021
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. I Corinthians 1:18
The message of the cross burns in our hearts! In all that we do, we are persuaded to share the story of the cross. It is our desire for everyone to know the depth of love Jesus has for all of us. Our aspiration to pass along this message of the cross can get us into some peculiar positions that may not be understood and could seem foolish by some. Sometimes our actions can seem outrageous and need to be explained, but for us, we are compelled to act because of the powerful message of the cross.
Here are some examples of our foolishness:
- paying a good amount of money to go to Haiti to swing pick axes, sledgehammers, and move rubble in wheel barrels in 90 degree heat
- driving 14 hours to dodge raindrops to replace roofs and windows while sleeping on a cot and taking showers in a trailer
- sleeping on a bale of hay outside of Winslow, AZ on the Navajo Nation
- take extra time out of your evening to build beds
- wake up on a Sunday morning to hear someone give a lecture
- fighting traffic on a Wednesday night after a long day at work to get your children to church
- Please share some of your experiences?
Sometimes we do things that make people scratch their head and give us strange looks. However, this gives us an opportunity to share a story and clarify why we do what we do. Let’s continue to be foolish, create more stories, and keep the message of the cross alive through our actions.