Completed in 2001, the Recreation and Outreach Center (ROC) is part of Calvary’s mission in downtown Lexington. Offering a gymnasium, fitness facilities, classes, meeting spaces, and multiple ministries, the ROC is where many folks in our community get to know Calvary.
ROC’s purpose is:
- To reach people in our community for Jesus Christ
- To promote fellowship within the church and between fellow believers in our community
Hours Of Operation
Monday: 9 am – 7 pm
Tuesday: 9 am – 7 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 7 pm
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Hours may vary with seasons or other church activities.
How to Join
ROC membership is only $11 a month. Applicants are required to show a valid picture ID and complete an application. All members are issued an “Andrew Card” which allows access to our facilities. Members must present their Andrew Card for entry. Free visits are available for first time guests.
- High School-size Gymnasium
- Indoor Walking Track: 17 laps = 1 mile
- Fitness Center: Includes 3 Cybex treadmills, 2 Cybex bikes, 2 Cybex steppers, 3 True elliptical trainers, 14 Cybex weight training machines, rowing machine, and free weights
- Game Room: Billiards, ping pong, air hockey, and Foosball
- Multi-Purpose Room: Ideal for small meetings and Bible Study Groups
Calvary hosts numerous athletic leagues for church members, sports groups, and our downtown community. Adult basketball, soccer, and other leagues regularly play in the ROC. For more information, please call (859) 232-8955.
The Recreation and Outreach Ministry of Calvary Baptist Church exists to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with our community.
The ROC seeks to:
- Reach people in our community for Jesus Christ.
- Promote fellowship within the church.
- Support other on-going ministries of the church.
- All of the activities are carried out in an atmosphere of love, acceptance and encouragement.
Eligibility For Use
The ROC is to be used for outreach and support ministries for Calvary Baptist Church. Every participant must register at the welcome desk. Each participant will receive a ROC Andrew Card. This is called an Andrew Card because Andrew was the disciple known for bringing others to Jesus. The Andrew Card will remind us that outreach is our main priority. This Card must be surrendered each time you enter the facility. Your Card will be returned to you when you leave the facility.
- A valid picture ID is required to obtain an Andrew Card. Any newly issued or renewed Andrew Cards require one of the following:
- A monthly contribution of no less than $10.00 to the ROC Ministries Fund, established by Calvary Baptist Church for the exclusive purpose of supporting ROC ministries. OR
- A monthly commitment and performance of at least two hours of volunteer investment each month, directed at one of the ROC ministry needs, as determined by and under the direction and guidance of the Minister of Missions and Outreach. OR
- Membership in Calvary Baptist Church. Calvary members have supported the ROC ministries through giving to the construction and operation of the ROC and are encouraged to continue their support by giving their time and resources. The monthly $10 contribution is optional for Calvary members.
Other Usage Guidelines
- Anyone using the facility on a regular basis must have an Andrew card.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian unless they are attending an organized activity for children.
- Everyone over 14 years old must have an Andrew Card. Parents or guardians must sign Andrew Card applications for minors.
- There is a $5 charge to replace a lost Andrew Card. Anyone who cannot show their Andrew Card upon entry will be asked for a $1 contribution. On the next visit, a new Andrew Card will be required.
- No one under 14 is allowed on the second floor of the ROC.
- First time guests can use the ROC for free with a valid photo ID; after the first visit an Andrew Card is required.
All ROC parking between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, will be in the upper lot above the ROC. Every ROC space will have a sign designating it as such. If there is no ROC parking available, participants should park in the pay lot across High Street from the ROC. Any car not parked in a space designated for the ROC could be towed.
All bicycles should be parked in the bicycle rack.
Entering & Exiting
All participants should enter through the main entrance on the west side of the building (Limestone Street). All other entrances will be locked during normal hours of operation. The west entrance and the east entrance are both handicap accessible. If you need to enter at the east entrance, you will need to identify yourself using the intercom. A volunteer will answer and unlock the door. Everyone except handicapped persons will be asked to enter at the main entrance.
Upon entering the building everyone is required to check in at the welcome desk.
Upon exiting everyone is required to check out at the welcome desk. This is for the safety of everyone in the building.
- Participants must bring their own locks to secure items in a locker. No permanent locker assignments will be made. Personal locks left on lockers overnight will be removed and belongings placed in the lost and found bin.
- Each participant is responsible for the care and security of their personal belongings while at the ROC. Calvary Baptist Church will not be responsible for items lost or stolen from unsecured lockers or any other area in the ROC.
- Reservations for outside groups will be limited to churches or organizations with a ministry purpose consistent with that of Calvary Baptist Church.
- Outside groups may reserve the ROC depending on availability.
- Reservations for outside groups must be approved by the Minister of Missions and Outreach and proper forms must be submitted in a timely manner.
- Outside groups will be expected to abide by all the rules of the ROC.
- Groups may be asked to pay a fee. Fees will be based on amount of time needed and cost of operation. Fees will be determined by Calvary Baptist Church.
Church Class Fellowships, Receptions, Etc.
- Church or ministry groups may reserve areas of the facility based on availability. During normal operating hours groups may be asked to share facilities with individual participants.
- Saturday evenings will be closed to the public and the ROC will be available for church groups.
- If events are scheduled outside of regular ROC open hours, a fee will be charged to cover cost of ROC staff who will need to be present.
- Only Calvary Baptist Church members may schedule birthday parties at the ROC. During regular operating hours, there is no charge for birthday parties. Outside of regular operating hours there is a minimum charge of $25 for a 2-hour party. Beyond 2 hours, the cost is $12.50 per hour.
Calvary's first Meats & Sweets event is Sunday, June 27, at 5PM. Bring your best smoked meat or summer treat. Calvary will provide all the sides and the prizes! Please sign-up HERE so we know what will be provided. Contact Brian with...
Calvary Recreation Outreach Center (ROC) For ages 4-6 $60 Mondays from 5:30-6:30PM June 14 - July 27 (no class on 6/28) Register HERE. Classes will be taught by Calvary youth with dance experience in the exercise room of the ROC. Contact...
All Sports Camp July 6-9, 9AM-12PM for grades 1-5 (completed) at the Charles Young Center Calvary, Charles Young Center, P.A.L., OMAC and the MLK School have teamed up for All Sports Camp this year. Register for sports fun, playing some...